Over the years, we’ve published hundreds of blog posts and articles; after a massive declutter of the blog over the past few years, the following remain:
- Becoming The Master Of Your Own Life.
- 6 Things You Can Start Today to Build A Life Working from Anywhere.
- What To Consider Before Becoming Location Independent And Nomadic with School-Aged Children.
- 10 Travel Safety Tips You Can’t Afford To Ignore.
Build Your Website
- WordPress, hosted here for websites. We use WordPress because it’s infinitely customisable, flexible and scalable. If you want something quick, super simple but still good-looking, try Strikingly.
- Headway theme for WordPress. We’ve been long-time users of Headway because it means we can create any design we want on a WordPress website. It comes with a learning curve but, in our experience, it is well worth mastering.
- Google Apps is our core business engine and powers our email, online documentation, online calendars and more.
Create Your Content
- Picmonkey & Canva are both brilliant for creating and editing images online.
- SoundCloud makes it super simple to create and host audio content online.
Market Your Business
- Aweber or Mailchimp for email marketing; both are good, though Mailchimp is a little more fun to use and is free if you’re just starting out and only need basic email marketing capabilities.
- Buffer app for social media scheduling; it’s easy to use and a very interesting company to follow.
Take Online Payments
- SendOwl & Stripe for online payments. Stripe is more for the technically-inclined while SendOwl is good for taking payments and delivering digital products without any fuss.
Manage Your Assets & Projects
- Dropbox, the default service for many when it comes to online storage; I also use Amazon S3 as my online archive and for larger multimedia files.
- Trello is a great tool for team and project management. Some people prefer Asana.
- Xmarks to manage your bookmarks online, across multiple browsers and devices.
- LastPass to manage passwords across multiple browsers and device.